More information on Manos Accelerator
Manos Accelerator 2013
A New Kind Of Startup Accelerator In Silicon Valley Aimed At Supporting Latin American And U.S. Latino Ventures
Please read this page carefully.
Manos Accelerator seeks startup teams from Latin America and/or from U.S. Latino descent. Complete this form before July 31, 2013.
You must complete all required fields of your company and personal profile before submitting.
This application mirrors that of Manos Accelerator's website. Startup Blvd is helping with outreach in the North East.
Questions?For detailed information, please refer to our FAQs on our website (www.manosaccelerator.com). If you have further questions, please feel free to reach out to edward[at]manosaccelerator[dot]com.
Manos Accelerator has developed a robust program that incorporates all the necessary aspects of launching and maintaining a successful business venture from product development to pitch strategy. The program offers unprecedented support for startup teams in Latin America and those with founders who are U.S. Latinos.
Through a selection process, Manos Accelerator will identify 6-8 early-stage startup teams and invite them complete a unique 3-month "boot-camp"program of intense collaboration designed to help Latino entrepreneurs exponentially increase their business reach. It will assist these startup teams in developing scalable and innovative solutions serving both the Hispanic and general markets.
The goal of the 3-month program is to provide aspiring Latino entrepreneurs and promising ventures with mentorship from successful domain experts, educational and development opportunities, free office space, and a range of free and discounted services.
As a participant of Manos Accelerator, startup teams are expected to achieve certain milestones and graduate with a lean startup ready to conquer the world. Each cohort session culminates in a Demo Day where the participants will demonstrate their product or service to a crowd of entrepreneurs, angel investors and venture capitalists.
Manos Accelerator is modeled after successful programs such as Y Combinator, TechStars, and 500 Startups.
Who Is Eligible?
We are looking for early-stage startup companies that are led by Latino entrepreneurs in the high-tech industry. Specifically, this means that at least one of the founders is of Hispanic-Latino origin/descent. We are interested in product-focused companies in the consumer internet, mobile and cloud computing space focused in enterprise, healthcare, education, media and entertainment market segments.
Manos Accelerator has assembled a committee of entrepreneurs and business leaders to assist with the selection process. The selection process includes:
- Selection Committee will evaluate all application submissions or referrals. The most qualified/interesting ideas will be asked to participate in an interview.
- Emphasis will be placed on the startup team addressing a clear and large market need with an innovative solution in Manos Accelerator focused areas (i.e. mobile, education, enterprise, healthcare, etc.)
- Manos Accelerator is focused on startup teams led by Latino entrepreneurs. Therefore, we are looking at a diverse make-up of founding team members (at least 1 technical and 1 of Hispanic origin).
- If selected, all startup teams must commit to attend all of the core modules and events during entire 3-month program.
- Based on an evaluation of the team application and interview approximately 6 startup teams will be selected.
Manos Accelerator offers a strong network of diverse mentors with a passion to help, guide and coach the startup teams. Each startup team will be assigned a dedicated mentor(s) based on business concept and domain expertise. Mentors will work closely with the startup team to review milestones and objectives; give necessary coaching; present crucial topics; provide feedback; make relevant introductions and provide support in achieving their set targets during the entire 3-month program.
Topics to be tackled include, but not limited to:
- Proof of Concept/Product Development
- Developing or Refining a business plan
- Defining a go-to-market strategy
- Presenting to potential customers and investors
- Developing marketing, sales and business development needs
- Demo Presentation Readiness
- Application window: July 1- July 31, 2013
- Announcement of winners will be on August 5, 2013
- Cohort Program begins Monday, September 9, 2013
- Demo Day scheduled for November 18, 2013
- Cohort Day ends Friday, November 25, 2013